Bacon Jammed Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Most additions to grilled cheese sandwiches get in the way of the subtle creaminess of the cheese. Bacon jam, however, adds a smoky, sweet, deeply rich dimension to the lunchtime classic.
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Gouda Pimento Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Pine Street Market Bacon Jam
- 4 slices multigrain or whole-grain bread
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter, softened
- In a mixing bowl, add gruyere, bacon jam, and pimento cheese, and mix to combine.
- One a large plate, spread out the sliced bread side by side. Spread an even layer of butter on each slice, flip over two slices, and spread and even layer of cheese mixture. Top with two remaining slices of buttered bread (butter side up).
- Preheat large cast iron skillet over medium-low heat for 4 minutes. Place the sandwiches in the skillet and cook until golden brown, 6 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and allow to cool for 2 minutes before slicing.
Pickled Pink Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of your favorite soft white bread, something your grandma would approve of.
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter
- More-than-enough Pickled Pink Gourmet Sweet Pickle slices
Melt butter in a heavy pan over medium heat, being careful not to let it burn.
Place cheese reverently between the slices of bread, and top with sweet pickle slices.
Place sandwich in the warm pan. Grill one side until crispy golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and grill the other side for around 2-3 minutes. Serve with extra pickles.
Adapted from Cory Schwartz
- 2 slices cinnamon raisin swirl bread
- 2 slices muenster cheese
- 2-3 slices bacon, cooked to a crisp
- Burnt and Salty's Korean Mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Spread the Korean Mustard on one side of both slices of bread. Layer cheese on one slice, then top with bacon and second slice of bread.
- Heat butter in a skillet on medium heat. Once butter is melted and hot, add sandwich and cook for 2−3 minutes, until golden. Flip sandwich and cook on other side until golden and cheese is melted (or make in a panini press).