There's a slight chill in the air that inspires us to get into the kitchen and fire up the oven. We welcome the return of roasting, braising, slow cooking, and soup making. Luckily, the bounty on tap at your local farmers markets--root vegetables, brassicas, and tough leafy greens--shine under a bit of heat.
These honey garlic roasted carrots present a quick dinner side that comes together in about half an hour. Plus, the savory blend of garlic butter and sweetness from hot honey makes it a kid-approved veggie dish. We love using AR's Hot Southern Honey because its heat cuts through the garlic butter. But don't worry, the saccharine notes keep it from tasting too spicy.
1/2 cup unsalted butter
4 tablespoons AR's Hot Southern Honey
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 lbs. raw baby carrots
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Garnish: Parsley, finely chopped
Directions for Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking constantly so the butter browns evenly.
3. Add AR's Hot Southern Honey and garlic to melted butter, and whisk one minute before removing from the heat.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine raw baby carrots, butter mixture, and add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat carrots.
5. Spread carrots on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until carrots are lightly browned and tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and transfer carrots to serving dish. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.