Marketplace Recipe Guide: Memorial Day 2022
Posted: May 23, 2022
Whether you're heading to the beach, out on the boat, or hosting a backyard barbecue, let the Local Palate Marketplace help guide your menu and stock your cooler. These recipes from Big Delicious Brand, Perfectly Cordial, and Pine Street Market are sure to bring your day to the next level. Whatever spread you decide, be sure to add a bag of Barlow's Foods Original Pancake Mix to the cart - a portion of each sale will be donated to Feed Our Vets to assist with closing the hunger gap for those who have vowed to serve us.
Jalapeño Mint Margarita
With Perfectly Cordial Jalapeño Mint Cordial
- 2 ounces Perfectly Cordial Jalapeño Mint Cordial
- 2 ounces blanco tequila of choice
- 1 lime for garnish
- Combine ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Cover and shake until the cocktail shaker is chilled.
- Strain into a cocktail glass with ice.
- Top with seltzer or mineral water and garnish with a lime slice.
Stuffed Peppers or Mushrooms
1. Heat grill to medium heat
2. In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms with oil and Red Hot Sprinkle until coated.
3. Arrange mushroom caps on a tray or large plate. Working one at a time, spoon Carolina Sausage Dip into the base of each cap, about a tablespoon each.
4. Transfer mushroom caps to grill or oven and cook over indirect heat until warmed through and lightly browned about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese while still warm.
Georgia Peach Cobbler
- 1 cup Barlow's Foods Original Pancake Mix
- ¼ cup butter or butter alternative
- ½ cup milk or dairy alternative
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- appx 5 cups peaches (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- lemon zest to taste
1. Mix all batter ingredients until smooth, set aside.
2. Place peaches and butter in a large pot.
3. Add sugar, cook until tender.
4. Add cinnamon and nutmeg. cook until peaches are soft, but not mushy.
5. Once cooking is complete set aside.
6. Add lemon juice and zest.
7. Mix and pour filling into a deep dished pan.
8. Pour batter on top of the peach filling and bake in the oven on 350 degrees.
9. Cook until golden brown.
10. Remove from oven and cool
11. Top with our Peach Cobbler Syrup. Enjoy!
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Jack’s Cosmic Dogs Mustard
- ¼ cup finely chopped sweet pickles
- 3 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
1. Cover eggs with cold water by 1½ inches in a 4- to 5-quart pot and bring to a rolling boil, partially covered with lid.
2. Reduce heat to low and cook eggs, covered completely, 30 seconds.
3. Remove pot from heat and let eggs stand in hot water, covered with lid, 15 minutes.
4. Rinse eggs under cold water for 5 minutes to stop cooking.
5. Peel eggs and halve lengthwise.
6. Carefully remove yolks and mash in a bowl with a fork.
7. Add mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, celery, and salt and pepper to taste to yolks and stir with a fork until well combined, 8. Spoon into boiled egg whites.
- 12 slices Pine Street Market Heritage Bacon, cut in half
- 24 Dates, pitted
- 5 oz. Manchego Cheese, cut into 1-inch strips
- 24 Almonds, whole
1. Preheat Big Green Egg or oven to 375°F.
2. Place a large cast iron skillet over medium heat or on the BGE. 3. Cook the strips of bacon for 2 minutes, flip and cook for 1 more minute, just enough to begin to render the bacon.
4. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel to cool.
5. Stuff each date with 1-piece cheese and 1 almond.
6. Wrap the date with the bacon and secure with a toothpick.
7. Place the dates on a sheet tray or large cast iron pan lined with parchment paper or foil.
8. Bake the dates for 10 minutes, flip each date, and bake for 8 more minutes, or until the bacon is fully cooked.
9. Transfer to a platter lined with a paper towel to cool.