Using Griff's Toffee
Developed by Christy Graves
1 5-ounce box of Griff's Pecan Toffee, divided 1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons melted butter
3⁄4 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 premade or frozen 9-inch deep dish pie crust, unbaked
1. Roughly chop toffee with a sharp knife, or crush with a rolling pin or rubber mallet. Reserve 2 tablespoons for pie topping.
2. Stir together eggs, vanilla extract, corn syrup, butter, sugar and salt.
3. Mix in pecans and toffee pieces.
4. Pour into pie crust.
5. Bake at 350° on the oven's center rack for 60-70 minutes or until the interior temperature reaches 200° and the crust is golden brown.
6. Cool for 2-3 hours to be sure that filling is set. Top with reserved toffee bits after 20- 30 minutes.