6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1½ sticks unsalted butter
6 tablespoons whole milk
6 tablespoons cream
2 teaspoons Bourbon Barrel-Aged Vanilla
1½ cups sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
2½ tablespoons cornmeal
1 cup Bourbon Smoked Pecan Halves
1 pie shell, par baked (pre baked for 15 minutes in 350 degree oven)
Bourbon Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce
1¾ cups sugar
3 tablespoons water
½ cup cream, room temperature
4 sticks unsalted butter, sliced, room temperature
2 tablespoons Bourbon Barrel-Aged Vanilla
- For pie, melt chocolate and butter together over a double boiler. While still warm, stir in milk, cream, and Bourbon Barrel Aged Vanilla until homogenous.
- Stir in the sugar and salt.
- Combine eggs and cornmeal in a bowl and then add to the chocolate mixture, stirring until smooth. Pour into a par-baked pie shell and then top the filling with whole pecan halves.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- To make the bourbon vanilla caramel sauce: Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Stir until sugar is fully moistened.
Alternatively, use warm J.Q. Dickinson Bourbon Caramel Sauce in the microwave for 30 seconds and use.
- Place pan over medium heat and cook without stirring until sugar begins to caramelize around the edges. Once sugar is a medium brown color around edges, turn off heat and gently swirl pan.
- Whisk in the Bourbon Barrel Aged Vanilla. Let cool until safe to handle