Wildsam Field Guides: Atlanta reveals theSouth's largest city through local stories, travel intel and modern lore, seeking out the real and rooted things, what's truly authentic and sharing the soul of a place, for travelers and locals alike.
Explore this progressive Southern hub, including:
- Interviews with Marian Liou, Steven Satterfield, Jason Ward and more
- Expert picks for southern breakfast, barbecue, vinyl, fishing gear, roller rinks, live music and more
- The artists who built the Southern hip hop movement
- An illustrated map on where to find the best chicken wings
- Archival treasures about Coca-Cola, Waffle House, Hank Aaron, the Olympics and more
- Thoughtful explorations into the city's prestigious HBCUs
- Original essays from Dr. Regina Bradley and Susan Rebecca White
- Civil rights heroes of note, including an oral history of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s funeral
About the Author
Bruce, Taylor: - Taylor Bruce is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Wildsam Field Guides. He grew up on his family farm on the border of Georgia and Alabama. Taylor studied writing at Vanderbilt University, and, after, wrote freelance for magazines such as Men's Journal, Oxford American and National Geographic Adventure, among others. He took a full-time writer's post at Southern Living in 2007. After moving to New York and pursuing an MFA in Creative Writing at Brooklyn College, Taylor launched Wildsam out of his 500-square foot apartment in 2012. The original Nashville guide caught the attention of national media and thoughtful travelers alike, and in 2015, National Geographic awarded Wildsam the Traveler 50 award. Taylor lives in Austin, Texas, with his wife, Robin, and two sons, Booker and Truett.