Dk EyewitnessExplore the live music capital of the world with this insider's guide to Austin.
They say everything is bigger in Texas, and the state capital is no exception! With an endless bucket list of things to do, it can be hard to pick and choose. This Austin city guide will help you plan an unforgettable trip to this eclectic metropolis.
Beyond the well-trodden sights, there's a secret side of the city -- and who better to guide you to it than the locals? This Austin travel guide includes:
- Two-color, bold, modern design with contemporary illustrations throughout
- Authors are true locals and have been picked for having their fingers on the pulse and their diverse tastes. Their suggestions and advice sit alongside quotes from Austin creatives, volunteers and business leaders to give the book a local feel
- A narrative style throughout, making the local, personal voice central to every entry
- Structured by six themes Eat, Drink, Shop, Art and Culture, Nightlife and Outdoors
- Each entry includes its unique address so readers can pinpoint precisely where they are heading
- Each theme ends with a tour spread, dedicated to a specific interest or experience. For example, a street art tour of Austin
There is no place like Austin! The city is vibrant, full of energy and embraces an alternative lifestyle. Between the 300 outdoor parks, local art, music festivals, quirky neighborhoods and an endless list of restaurants and bars, there is always somewhere to go, something to do and something to taste! This guidebook is designed to help you make the most of your trip to Austin, an evolving city that successfully upholds its mantra to "Keep Austin Weird."
Additional tidbits to expand your experience are peppered throughout this local guide to Austin. For example, local tips and recommendations from Austinites, hands-on experiences (cookery classes, craft sessions), and ideas for traveling solo, in a pair and in a crowd. It also includes tips on how to travel sensibly in a post-Covid world without compromising on experience.
From New York and London to Paris and Tokyo, there are more places to discover with these niche local guides! Written by the people who call it home, the Like A Local
series from DK takes you beyond the tourist track to experience the heart and soul of each city!