These blackened fish tacos from Gourmet Warehouse are an easy last-minute dish to whip together for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta.
1-pound tilapia fillets
4-5 ears of corn, cut fresh off the cob
1 tomato, diced
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/3 cup green bell pepper, diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon cumin
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup olive oil
Juice of 1-2 limes
Ranch dressing or guacamole
- Coat the fish fillets with Gourmet Warehouse Blackening Spice Rub and allow them to sit at room temperature for no longer than 30 minutes.
- Heat a heavy skillet over high heat. Add oil and heat until it is almost smoking. Place the fillets in the pan and cook for about three minutes per side or until fish is opaque and can be flaked with a fork.
- Remove from the pan, allow to drain, then flake with fork
- In a large bowl, mix the next 11 ingredients. You can be flexible with the ingredients and amounts based on your preference.
- Place a dollop of ranch dressing (or guacamole), shredded lettuce, a scoop of the corn salsa, and the blackened tilapia in each corn tortilla.