Recipe by Helen Russell
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup Bourbon Smoked Sugar, plus 4 tablespoons for the rim
- 1 cup ice
- 2 ounces Gesus Palomino Candied Jalapeño Cocktail Syrup
- 2.6 ounces gin
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 2 whiskey ice balls
1. Make Bourbon Smoked Sugar simple syrup: Combine water and Bourbon Smoked Sugar in a small pot and bring to a light simmer. Once sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and let cool completely.
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine ice, Gesus Palomino Candied Jalapeño Cocktail Mix, 2.3 ounces of the Bourbon Smoked Sugar simple syrup, and gin.
3. Prepare 2 cocktail glasses: Fill a shallow bowl with remaining Bourbon Smoked Sugar. Slide ½ of lemon around the rim of each glass, then dip the glasses into the sugar. Add whiskey ice ball to each glass and strain cocktail over ball, finishing with a squeeze of remaining lemon.