- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Hogs Heaven Salt & Pepper Pork Rinds
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1½ tablespoons dijon mustard, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus more to taste
- 2 cups mixed greens
- A mix of mint, basil, cilantro, or parsley for garnish
1. Carefully slice chicken breasts horizontally to create thin cutlets. Pat chicken pieces dry and season with 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Place cutlets between two pieces of plastic wrap and use a mallet, rolling pin, or heavy pan to gently pound cutlets until flat and even on all sides.
2. Place Hogs Heaven Salt & Pepper Pork Rinds in a zip-top bag and mash with hands or against counter until they reach the consistency of fine dust. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Place flour in second shallow bowl and combine eggs and ½ tablespoon of dijon mustard in a third shallow bowl.
3. Working 1 cutlet at a time, dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip cutlet into egg mixture letting excess drip off, then dredge in dusted pork rinds. Set aside and repeat with remaining cutlets.
4. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. Once oil is almost smoking, working in batches, fry chicken in skillet, turning once until crispy and golden brown on both sides. Set on a wire rack to cool.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining dijon mustard, remaining oil, and lemon juice and season with salt. Add greens to bowl and toss. To serve, divide cutlets between plates, place salad on side, and garnish with fresh herbs and a squeeze of lemon.